Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Ardmore Cliff stroll is an exquisite family-friendly stroll in Ardmore County Waterford. Younger youngsters like it. We walked this cliff stroll route with our 3 younger youngsters. The stroll is steep in locations and has one small part with steps. Harmful sections are fenced off.
- 4km loop, Buggy Pleasant (aside from about 15/20 steps. We carried the buggy up these)
- We parked @cliffhousehotel (attempt to begin early as there aren’t many automotive areas)
- Stunning Coastal Views
- Espresso horsebox close to the top
- It has a highway strolling section- Care required
- Walks previous the spherical tower
Go to Goat Island Seashore after Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Goat Island Seashore It’s close by, such an exquisite hidden gem with little caves. (The highway down may be very lengthy and slim, I used to be glad I wasn’t driving 🙈🤪)
- Park right here
- Restricted areas
- Very tight entry highway
- Superb little hidden gem of a seashore
Lismore Fortress and Gardens
Lismore Fortress is so lovely and there’s additionally a playground beside the Carpark. The fortress and grounds charges could be seen right here. Our children liked exploring the gardens and occasional store treats.
Dromana Gate is an exquisite Hindu model Gothic Gate Lodge. You may park on both facet of the bridge however be aware of oncoming site visitors whereas strolling throughout it.
That is certainly one of our favorite walks, that we do yearly. Stunning quick flat stroll to the waterfall which can also be buggy Pleasant. Ensure that to name in to @crough_coffee earlier than/after for some tasty treats.
- Park right here to stroll all the way down to Mahon falls (Free)
- Come early on the weekend, that is very busy
- 1.2 km stroll to the bottom of the waterfall
- Buggy friendly- Gravel path
- Have a picnic and dip your ft into the water on the finish
The Waterford Greenway is certainly one of Waterford’s well-known walks and we like it. We’ve walked the entire greenway earlier than we had youngsters. The Greenway is nice for teenagers that love bikes and scooters, even when you solely do a small part of it. If so, we suggest strolling via the tunnel part and exploring all of the fairy doorways.
It is a prepare experience, nice for teenagers and really enjoyable. They get slightly map to tick off all of the various things they see alongside the way in which, the prepare stops for a couple of minutes at a fairy village the place you keep on the prepare and preserve a watch out for fairies.
- It value us €25 for 3 of us, youngsters underneath 3 go free
- 10 km prepare experience
- Cease to view the fairy village on the way in which
- Carry ear muffs for smaller kids- it is rather loud
Anne Valley Nature and Wildlife Stroll
Anne Valley Wildlife stroll is an exquisite buggy Pleasant Stroll. We suggest bringing your child’s scooters/bikes. (Grownup bikes not allowed) You may park on both facet of the walk- Dunhill or Annestown Village. There may be additionally a parking mid-way at Dunhill Fortress. You may climb up into the fortress the place you may be greeted with spectacular views.
The Vee Mountain Go- Bay Lough
Bay Lough on the Knockmealdowns. It is a Beautiful stroll to the lake. You may entry the lake from the highest or backside automotive park. We walked up from the underside automotive park.
- The stroll shouldn’t be buggy pleasant
- It’s steep however our 4-year-old daughter walked all of it
- 500m from the automotive park right here
- Superb lake and really quiet
- 1km from this automotive park right here
We beforehand wrote a weblog submit right here on this so you possibly can resolve for your self if it will go well with your loved ones. We hiked the Knockmealdowns in 2017 once we solely had one little hiker to hold. Like all mountains climb with care, on the summit, there’s a drop to at least one facet, so if it’s foggy then flip round. Have the proper gear, navigation and so forth with you. There may be additionally a piece of highway strolling when you do the loop. The views are superb 🤩