In episode 19 of the UK Journey Planning podcast uncover our prime suggestions that can assist you select the most effective day journey/s from London together with elements to contemplate when deciding which day journeys so as to add to your itinerary.
You’ll get a style of a number of the hottest day journey choices plus sensible issues which can affect your alternative of the place to go to. This contains your pursuits, how far you wish to journey plus the benefits and downsides of unbiased journey, group excursions or non-public driver-guided tour choices.
Within the second section of the podcast, John Coupland of John England Excursions who specialises in non-public driver-guided excursions of SE England shares with us traits he has skilled in 2022 for individuals who have booked day excursions from London with him plus 3 of his hottest choices together with Tudor and Medieval-focused day journeys.
Click on the blue button beneath to hear:
Episode 19 – Present Notes
High suggestions that can assist you select the most effective day journey/s from London
Subjects lined on this episode embrace:
- Why we advocate together with a day journey from London in your itinerary
- How to decide on the place to go when there are such a lot of locations?
- 🌟 Fan of Harry Potter? Select the Harry Potter Studio day journey
- 💙 Love Downton Abbey? Select the Highclere day journey
- 🎤 Fan of the Beatles? Select a day journey from London to Liverpool
- 🇫🇷 Francophile? Spend the day in Paris
- 🏰 Fan of the Royal household? Go to the King’s residence at Windsor
- 🏡 Searching for quaint English villages? Go to the Cotswolds
- 📖 Take pleasure in historical past & structure? A day journey to Oxford or Cambridge would swimsuit you!
- 🏛 Historical past lover? Select Tub or Hampton Courtroom Palace
- 🏰 Love castles?Head to Hever Citadel
- 📚 Literary lover?Jane Austen followers head to Tub (or Winchester) Love Shakespeare? Stratford upon Avon is the day journey for you
- Take into account how far you wish to journey? Do you like a vacation spot that’s nearer to London or are you cheerful to spend just a few hours on a practice or coach getting there?
- Take into consideration how you will journey to your chosen day journey vacation spot. Many locations reminiscent of Tub, Windsor, Oxford and Cambridge for instance are simple journeys by practice.
- If you happen to favor to be part of a gaggle tour there are numerous accessible choices. One of many benefits of a gaggle tour is that many excursions mix just a few locations in someday, for instance, Stonehenge, and Tub are sometimes mixed. That is nice when you’ve got restricted time nevertheless the disadvantages are that you could be really feel rushed and there’s no flexibility to spend longer in locations of curiosity.
- Non-public driver tour guides are an alternative choice. Although not the most cost effective it is a really nice solution to discover your chosen vacation spot. The flexibility to tailor make your day primarily based in your pursuits and proposals from a tour information who is aware of the world effectively results in deeper experiences and the power to ask questions and be taught extra concerning the vacation spot.
Locations talked about on this episode embrace:
- Hever Citadel >> Childhood house of Anne Boleyn
- Chartwell >> Former house of Sir Winston Churchill
- Ightham Mote >> Described by David Starkey, (Britain’s main historian), as “One of the vital lovely and fascinating of English nation homes.”
We even have some helpful planning assets on this web site for
Subscribe and evaluation
If in case you have discovered our Podcast useful please depart us a evaluation! We actually admire your assist and it’ll assist make our podcast seen to a larger viewers.
Please subscribe so that you don’t miss any future episodes!