Whereas Antwerp is finest referred to as the middle of the diamond commerce, it’s truly a hidden gem because of its medieval structure, vibrant nightlife, style scene, and artwork. Antwerp’s cobbled streets, café tradition, pleasant folks, and spectacular cathedral make town price visiting if you happen to’re within the neighborhood. Costs in Antrwep are about common for Western Europe and it’s a fast journey to Belgium’s different well-known cities so it’s a well-liked weekend journey.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Day by day Prices for Visiting Antwerp, Belgium
How a lot does it value to go to Antwerp? We’ve damaged down the costs of how a lot you’ll be able to anticipate to spend on a mean day for the budget-conscious traveler. These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably. They don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes buying, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t overlook to funds additional for these “non-essentials.”
The costs under are for single vacationers staying in well-rated hostels. The whole nightly value for a funds resort room usually prices about 4x the value of a mattress in a hostel.
For instance, if the common hostel mattress prices €30/night time, then a funds resort will value round €120/night time.
Common Day by day Prices for Funds Journey In Antwerp: €73 (Approx. $76)
- Sights: €12 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €32
- Breakfast: €5
- Lunch: €9
- Dinner: €15
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2.50
- Transportation: €3
- Lodging (Hostel): €26
Day by day Price of Frugal Journey In Antwerp: €55 (Approx. $60)
- Sights: €7 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €21
- Breakfast: €0 (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €7 (road meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €12 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer/snack: €2 (from the grocery retailer)
- Transportation: €0 (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): €20
Antwerp Attraction And Museum Costs
- Museum Mayer van den Bergh: €8
- The Rubens Home: €8-€12
- Museum Aan de Stroom: €9-€13
- Museum Plantin Moretus: €8-€12
- Pink Star Line Museum: €8-€12
- Strolling & Excursions: Free-€30
- Bicycle excursions are frequent in Antwerp and value €18-€24 relying on group measurement. Excursions can be found throughout the daytime and at night time and usually final 3 hours.
Antwerp Meals Costs
Antwerp eating provides conventional Belgian fare and worldwide choices. Fries, waffles, mussels, and chocolate are among the many area’s specialties, however conventional Belgian meals could be a little costly if you happen to don’t know the place to look. Cheaper takeaway choices and ethnic eating places are additionally simple to search out.
Antwerp Funds Breakfast Costs: Free – €8
- Many hostels will provide a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will provide extra and a few much less). Resort breakfasts are usually overpriced, so skip these most often.
- Cafés are in style in Antwerp and are positioned all through town. Count on to pay €2-€5 for espresso and a pastry.
- Normo is a well-liked selection for espresso, tea, and the Antwerp café expertise.
- Antwerp Espresso is an area specialty: black espresso with Elixer d’Anvers, an natural liquor. €3-€6
- Road distributors promote Brussels and Liege waffles. Count on to pay €2-€5.
A Few Funds Breakfast Locations in Antwerp
Antwerp Funds Lunch Costs: €3.50-€10
- Tremendous funds vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of euros.
- Belgian fries, served together with meat, gravies, curries, mayonnaise, and different toppings, are in style favorites as takeaway, anticipate to pay €3-€5.
- Falafel, kebab, and gyros can be found for takeaway at stands within the metropolis. €3-€6
- Sandwich stands and walk-ups are additionally frequent all through town and run €4-€5 for a meal.
- Vegetarian and ethnic meals run €5-€7 for a meal.
A Few Funds Lunch Locations in Antwerp
Antwerp Funds Dinner Costs: €10-€25
- A lot of the choices from the ‘Funds Lunch’ part above may also apply to dinner.
- Mounted-price menus can be found at many eating places and can run €20-€35 for 3-4 programs at a sit-down institution.
- Brasseries provide beer and a wide range of meals decisions. Count on to pay €13-€25 for a meal at a sit-down restaurant providing conventional Belgian meals. De 7 Schacken is a well-liked native selection.
A Few Funds Dinner Locations in Antwerp:
TRAVEL TIP: Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Funds.
Antwerp Drinks and Alcohol Costs:
- Count on to pay €3-€4 for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs €1-€3, and a bottle of wine about €7.75
- Paters Vaetje is a good beer bar.
Antwerp Transportation Costs
Antwerp’s public transit system is made up of trams and buses that run by way of town heart. As a result of town is so small, most discover strolling or biking to be the best option to get round.
Tickets will be bought at kiosks (‘pre-sale’) or from the driving force at a barely costlier value. You may also buy totally different tickets by way of the ‘De Lijn’ app.
- 60-minute single ticket: €1.80
- 10 60-minute tickets: €15 (not obtainable from the driving force)
- Day go (24-hours): €7.50
Airport Transportation Choices
- by way of bus: €3, strains 51, 52, 53 (assuming a visit to Antwerp Airport)
- by way of prepare, Brussels airport to Antwerp: €12
- by way of bus, Brussels airport to Antwerp: €10, a technique
Bicycle rental: €3.80/€9 for day/week bicycle rental, plus €.50 for 30-60 minute use, €1 for 60-90 minute use
Antwerp Hostel, Resort, & Rental Condo Costs
There are just a few hostels in Antwerp to allow them to be costlier than you’d anticipate (however the high quality is sweet).
Antwerp Hostel Costs €18-€30 (mattress in a shared dorm room)
It’s best to funds about 24€/night time per individual for an honest hostel — though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a personal room it is best to anticipate to pay €80-€100 complete (for 2 folks), so it’s in all probability a greater deal to hire an condo.
We e book our hostels by way of Hostelworld as a result of they’ve one of the best choice.
Antwerp Funds Resort Costs: €80-€160
An honest funds resort that’s within the metropolis heart will value round €90-€120/night time. You’ll find cheaper motels if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of town or if you happen to don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
We advocate Reserving.com as a result of they’ve the most important stock of inexpensive motels in Europe.
Antwerp Rental Condo Costs: €60-€150/night time
Rental flats are various to motels if that choice sounds fascinating to your journey type. You’ll get a kitchen so it can save you more cash by cooking your individual meals however motels do provide some conveniences as properly.
There are fairly a number of good trip rental condo choices obtainable in Antwerp — it is best to be capable to discover a extremely rated studio or 1-bedroom for round €90/night time, however I’ve seen some as low cost as €60/night time. If you wish to hire a room in somebody’s place, anticipate to pay round €35-€70/night time. Airbnb is a well-liked reserving service however right here’s a listing of Airbnb Alternate options in order for you extra choices.
Different Journey Prices To Hold In Thoughts
There are a handful of pre-travel prices that it is best to issue into your journey funds. I’ve listed a number of under.
- Worldwide Cell Information: Utilizing cellular information whereas overseas can simply run you $10-$20/day if you happen to’re not cautious nevertheless it’s simple to get that all the way down to round $3/day. Listed here are a number of articles to assist:
- Footwear, Clothes, and Different Journey Equipment: Gadgets like footwear, baggage, and different journey gear can find yourself including loads to your general journey funds. Listed here are a number of useful articles that will help you select what it is best to pack and methods to avoid wasting slightly cash by being good with what you purchase.
- Avoiding Pickpockets and Journey Scams: Take a look at my information to pickpockets in Europe and my information to Europe journey rip-offs to keep away from getting your cash, telephones, and property stolen whereas touring.
Study Extra Concerning the Prices of Visiting Europe
We’ve created an excellent in-depth information about how a lot it prices to backpack Europe (together with extra metropolis value guides).
No Humorous Enterprise
The Savvy Backpacker is reader-supported. Meaning once you purchase product/providers by way of hyperlinks on the positioning, I could earn an affiliate fee — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps assist the positioning.
Thanks For Studying! — James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.