Prime 10 Tricks to stop Ticks or “tick tacks” as our ladies name them 😆
Final yr I checked out a really informative stay chat between @rozannapurcell and @ticktalkireland over on @thehikelife web page all about Ticks, Lyme Illness and what to do should you discovered one on you or your pet.
Our Mountain climbing Tick historical past with Youngsters
I beforehand had by no means come throughout a Tick in all my years of mountain climbing, taking part in sports activities and out of doors actions and I wouldn’t have identified what to do if I did. Quick ahead a couple of months after watching the @ticktalkireland video and each our ladies had a tick on their tummies, at the exact same time 🤢.
Fortunately we had our tick removers, froze the ticks in a zipper lock bag, disinfected the realm and watched out for all of the indicators of Lyme Illness. Thank God, they have been each excellent and we’ve by no means come throughout one since 🙏
Photos of the Ticks
Under I’ll share some ideas and knowledge, however to be taught extra comply with @ticktalkireland
The image above is the very place the place the women obtained the ticks, strolling via the lengthy grass, their tops will need to have lifted and the ticks latched onto their tummies.
What do Ticks appear like?
Image 2 above exhibits the Tick buried headfirst into our child’s tummy 🤢🙈
What to make use of to take away Tick?
The above image exhibits #ourlittlehikers repellent bracelet. We discover the bracelet superb and he or she loves sporting it.
Find out how to Forestall Ticks on People whereas Mountain climbing
- Use a Repellent Spray. I spray all our mountain climbing boots, luggage and kit earlier than a Hike.
- When you’ll be able to put on pants, tuck them into your socks and tuck your t-shirts into your pants too.
- Attempt to keep away from lengthy grass should you can (though they can be in brief grass and woodland areas)
- Strive strolling within the centre of the woodland paths
- When potential, attempt to sit in your mountain climbing bag, pad, blanket (shake it out afterwards) or a stone when having picnics.
- Do a fast Tick Test earlier than entering into the automotive to go residence.
- In case you discover a tick, don’t panic, use your tick remover (we maintain ours in a zipper lock bag in our 1st help package in our Mountain climbing bag)
- Take away the tick with the tick remover by getting near the pores and skin the place the pinnacle is hooked up and easily pull in an upwards path, then disinfectant the realm and your fingers.
- Place the tick in a ziplock bag and write the title of the individual, date and site on the bag and put it into your freezer while you get residence. By placing the tick in a zipper lock bag within the freezer it could assist quite a bit should you begin to develop any signs within the coming days like flu signs or typically not at all times a rash can seem or a bulls-eye rash. If this occurs name your Physician and they’re going to do blood exams, check the frozen tick for any ailments like Lyme Illness and possibly provide you with antibiotics and so forth.
- Get a bathe while you’re residence out of your hike and do a greater tick examine. Be certain to examine the next locations
- legs, ankles
- behind the knees
- across the waistline, bellybutton
- Again of neck, hairline, inside and behind the ears.
Test your Canines for Ticks
Additionally, you should definitely examine your animals too.
I’m no knowledgeable in Ticks, so to be taught extra or in case you have any questions try @ticktalkireland