What Is The OGO Composting Bathroom?
The OGO composting bathroom is without doubt one of the newest composting bathrooms in the marketplace. It touts some nice options and an awesome design besides. Should you’ve seen it, you is likely to be questioning if the OGO is an choice to improve your present RV bathroom.
Right now, we’re going to go in-depth on the OGO composting bathroom and the way it stacks up as an RV bathroom. We’ll let you know the options and the right way to set it up and use it. Plus, try the legit overview of this bathroom and discover out if it’s every part it’s cracked as much as be.
The OGO composting bathroom is the most recent in moveable composting bathrooms. As an alternative of piping waste to a tank or sewer, composting bathrooms comprise a substrate like coco coir. Over time, microorganisms break down the waste, after which it could actually then be used as compost or just buried to eliminate it.
So, what units the OGO RV bathroom aside from different composting bathrooms?
- The OGO is without doubt one of the most compact composting bathrooms in the marketplace. It measures solely 16”x15”x18.375”. Which means it’s tremendous simple to seek out house for it in your RV (or camper van).
- The work is finished for you. An electrical agitator within the OGO strikes your strong waste round, facilitating higher composting. Elevated agitation means your waste is composted and able to eliminate quicker. It additionally helps cut back smells.
- Encompasses a patented urine diverter. This strikes urine away from the primary composting house, lowering moisture and enhancing the composting course of. Even higher, regardless of its small dimension, the OGO’s urine bottle is bigger than in competing composting bathrooms.
- By no means overflows. The OGO additionally has a urine degree mild indicator. When the urine bottle is nearly full, the aspect button lights up purple. That manner, you’ll all the time know when to empty the bottle out.
All of those nice options are packed right into a modern, well-designed package deal that’s made proper within the USA.
Can you put in the OGO Bathroom in your RV?
Sure, you possibly can undoubtedly set up the OGO bathroom in your RV! Simply substitute your present RV bathroom and easily take away the spent coco coir medium when it’s time.
Alternatively, this composting bathroom can be linked on to your RV’s black tank utilizing the included drain package. Merely minimize out the circle within the backside plate of the bathroom, and connect the flange and coupling included with the package. As soon as linked, urine will go on to your tanks as an alternative of the bottle, so that you don’t have to fret about emptying it.
The drain package can be simply eliminated in case your wants change. Merely take away the drain package and substitute the urine bottle.
Does the OGO RV Bathroom scent?
With correct use, the OGO bathroom will produce no extra foul smells than a traditional RV bathroom.
Due to the urine diverter, the OGO separates strong and liquid waste. Mixing these two is without doubt one of the greatest sources of smells, so by maintaining them separate, the OGO majorly cuts down on foul odors.
The agitator reduces smells as nicely by transferring waste away from the highest of the pile the place it’s not uncovered to air. This additionally accelerates composting, in order that any smells which might be current don’t linger.
The OGO RV bathroom can be linked on to your air flow system utilizing an included hose. Any smells which might be produced are vented outdoors and away from you. Alternatively, charcoal filters are additionally obtainable which might be positioned in the bathroom and soak up extra odors from the air.
Learn how to use the OGO Composting RV Bathroom
Set up and set-up of the OGO composting bathroom are simple. The bathroom has 4 mounting holes within the base. To put in the unit into your RV, merely use a screwdriver or drill to tighten the 4 screws and connect the bottom to your RV flooring.
The OGO wants an influence supply to energy the air flow fan and agitator. The included energy twine could be connected to your RV’s energy system and even on to a battery. (Word that you’ll want to strip and join some wires to take action.)
Earlier than you should utilize your new RV bathroom, that you must fill it together with your compost medium; OGO recommends coco coir. You’ll fill the tank a bit lower than midway with the coco coir and add a small quantity of moisture, then let the agitator run.
Learn how to “go”
At this level, the bathroom is able to use and also you’re able to “go”. Understand that the OGO, like most composting bathrooms, must be used sitting down for the urine diverter to work correctly.
The “entice door” within the OGO ought to be saved closed for liquid waste and opened for strong waste. The door is opened by pulling a deal with on the aspect ahead and ought to be closed after you’re achieved. So long as the entice door is saved shut, liquid waste will nonetheless filter to the urine bottle, even when you miss the collector.
For strong waste, you additionally have to press the button on the aspect whenever you’re achieved. This activates the agitator, which runs for 2 minutes.
One other tip for maintaining issues contemporary is that OGO recommends spraying down the bowl with a mild cleaner, like water and vinegar, after every use. This retains issues clear and reduces dangerous smells.
When it’s time to eliminate your waste, elevate your bathroom bowl barely and rotate the drawer latches to drag out the drawer. From right here, you possibly can take away the urine bottle or waste bin and eliminate the contents.
Reviewing the OGO Composting Bathroom: Is it any good?
The OGO composting bathroom is a good product, with loads of nice qualities. However, it has some drawbacks too.
What we like in regards to the OGO Bathroom
Right here’s every part we love in regards to the OGO bathroom:
- We love the OGO for its modern, compact design.
- This RV bathroom can simply be vented outdoors. Which means zero likelihood of any foul smells in your RV or camper.
- Having the ability to ship urine straight to a waste tank can also be tremendous handy. Not having to vary the best way you “go” is a plus.
What we’d enhance on the OGO Bathroom
Like every part, there are some issues that may be improved. Right here’s what we didn’t love in regards to the OGO:
- It’s a bit heavy and awkward to maneuver, so it’s not tremendous moveable.
- The OGO capabilities nice as a composting bathroom, and the electrical agitator does its job nicely. Nonetheless, as a result of agitator and fan in the bathroom, it wants electrical energy to perform. There isn’t any guide perform choice, like in another composting bathrooms.
General, we cherished the OGO bathroom for its nice options and design. However when you want a no-electricity choice, you might need to look elsewhere.
Be taught extra in regards to the OGO Composting Bathroom
The OGO is a good and really compact composting bathroom that’s good for RVers. To study extra in regards to the OGO composting bathrooms, go to their web site.
Jennifer lives together with her husband and their two cocker spaniels in a 29′ trailer in Mexico. She is one half of DashboardDrifters.com and the founding father of RVSpotDrop, an online service for full time RVers.